.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS talks mp3 podcast Subscribe with Bloglines

Monday, April 10, 2006

Integrating WebCT with vodcasting and podcasting

Here is my presentation from the March 30, 2006 Northeastern Regional WebCT Users Conference held at Drexel University.

I basically discuss the way WebCT's role in my classes has shifted since I started podcasting and vodcasting my lectures and moved to open courseware. Now the central location for my classes is a public wiki (e.g. http://chem241.blogspot.com) and WebCT is used primarily for testing.

I'm putting up the m4v vodcast as the enclosure for this podcast feed and it will play on either a video ipod or with Quicktime on a PC. Please give me feedback about this format. The resolution is not quite as good as with the Flash screencasts but, considering that the Powerpoint file is made available here as well, I think it might be good enough. I'm podcasting the mp3 in a separate post.

vodcast
Powerpoint

3 Comments:

  • Hi Jean Claude,

    I am an interested listener to your podcasts and I have learnt a lot already listening to your various podcasts. I am sadly not lucky enough to own a video iPod so I listen to the .mp3 files and watch the .mov files on the palm. Sadly the Palm does not yet support .m4v files. This is probably a good moment to look for some new software. I am very pleased you are still offering the feed as an audio file.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 AM  

  • Hello!

    I thought your "vodcast" on how to integrate podcasting into an open course (such as WebCt) was amazing. I have taught online for 7 years (art appreciation and integrated arts courses). As you can imagine visuals is key. I have Garageband and have been interested in creating a more interactive and visual presence in the learning modules of my online courses. This was initially motivated by my movie-making of art events such as iron and bronze pours, wax pattern-making and so forth. One thing led to another and here I am. Thanks for providing such excellent information.

    Emily

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 AM  

  • thanks for the comment Emily!

    By Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License